Bruschetta White Bean Burger
Put an Italian twist on the American burger by making a patty with Bush’s Best® Garbanzo and Great Northern Beans, covered in pesto mayo and served on a ciabatta roll with garlic butter.
- Yields: 24 burgers
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
WHITE BEAN BURGER
|Bush’s Best® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed||1, #10 can|
|Bush’s Best® Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed||1, #10 can|
|Eggs, large, whole, lightly beaten||8 each|
|Garlic cloves||36 each|
|Rosemary leaves||¼ cups|
|Breadcrumbs, Italian style||4 cups|
|Olive oil||¾ cup|
|Onion rings, purple||24 each|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||24 each|
|Garlic butter||see recipe|
|Pesto mayo||see recipe|
|Bruschetta topping||see recipe|
|Butter, unsalted||4 Tbsp|
|Garlic, minced||0.5 oz|
|Pepper||1 ⅛ tsp|
|Salt||1 ⅛ tsp|
|Basil, fresh||2.6 oz|
|Extra virgin olive oil||⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp|
|Parmesan, shredded||½ cup|
|Tomatoes, Roma, medium diced||5 ½ cups|
|Red onion, small, diced||5 ⅓ Tbsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 ⅔ Tbsp|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 ⅔ tsp|
|Basil, minced||2 ⅔ tsp|
|Salt||1 ⅓ tsp|
- In a food processor, combine both beans, garlic cloves, rosemary leaves and breadcrumbs. Pulse until smooth; add in eggs and pulse until combined.
- Pre-heat flat-top griddle or sauté pan to medium heat. Heat olive oil.
- Form bean mixture into 6.7 oz burgers, (24 total).
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Toast ciabatta rolls with ¼ tsp garlic butter on each side.
- To assemble, spread 2 tsp pesto mayo on bottom bun, place bean burger on bun, top with romaine lettuce leaf, onion ring, 2 Tbsp bruschetta and top bun.
To make garlic butter:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until well blended and smooth. Refrigerate and use as needed.
To make pesto mayo:
- In a food processor, combine basil, garlic, mayo, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil and pulse until smooth. Fold in shredded parmesan. Refrigerate and use as needed.
To make Bruschetta:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; fold together. Refrigerate and use as needed.
Next RecipeBean & Quinoa Salad with Avocado
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Yields: N/A
- Serving Size: N/A