Black Bean Falafel with Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce
They might be small but these bite-sized black bean falafels are big on flavor. A creamy side of Greek yogurt scented with fresh mint and sea salt makes for a delightful dipping sauce.
- Yields: 22 servings
- Serving Size: 3 pieces
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-1 ½ mins (per order)
Black Bean Falafel
|Low Sodium Bush’s Best® Black Beans, drained and rinsed||1, #10 can|
|Cumin Seeds||2 ½ Tbsp|
|Coriander Seeds||2 ½ Tbsp|
|Fresh Garlic, smashed||20 each|
|Fresh Parsley Leaves, minced||2 oz|
|Fresh Cilantro Leaves, minced||1 oz|
|Unseasoned Dry Breadcrumbs||9 oz|
|Black Pepper||2 tsp|
|Baking Powder||2 tsp|
Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce
|Greek Yogurt, drained||2 lb 12 oz|
|Fresh Mint Leaves, minced||.2 oz|
|White Pepper||1 tsp|
|Hot Sauce||12 dashes|
|Fresh Limes, squeezed||2 each|
- Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a small pan until fragrant. Cool and then grind in a spice mill or coffee grinder.
- Working in small batches, Add black beans, spices, garlic, parsley, cilantro, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and baking powder to a food processor and pulse until a loose paste begins to form. Add small batches together and chill mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To make yogurt sauce add yogurt, mint, salt, pepper, hot sauce and lime juice together. Whisk to combine and reserve for assembly.
- Form small 1.2 Oz. (#30 Scoop) falafel patties. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add approx. ¼ in oil. Cook each falafel patty for 30 seconds a side or until heated through. Drain on paper towels. Serve 3 falafels and 2 Oz. of yogurt sauce and warm pita bread. Add chopped cucumbers and tomatoes if desired.
Next RecipeDry Rub Steak with Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Yields: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 6 oz meat/ ½ cup bean salad